BC FinTech Money Map: 2015 Wrap Up
Peter Barkow – For Free Corporate Finance Updates Sign Up >> HERE
With year end nearing we considered it time to squeeze some more information out of our Barkow Consulting FinTech Money Map* in order to wrap up 2015.
FinTech Investments 2015:
– More than US$ 2bn capital invested in German FinTech, with M&A taking the lion’s share of US$ 1.2 bn, M&A was admittedly dominated by Deutsche Börse acquiring 360T
– Venture Capital investments more than doubled yoy to US$ 366 m
– Five sectors dominate VC investments: Payments takes the lead with 8 transactions in 2015, PropTech, InsurTech, P2P Lending and Investment follow close behind with 7 deals each.
– Rocket Internet continues to dominate the VC investor side participating in 12 funding rounds, recent entrant Commerzbank follows at No 2 with 6 first time investments
– Consequently, Commerzbank is the most active German first time FinTech investor
Stay tuned to corporate finance trends with our newsletter >> HERE