German FinTech VC 2020 Was Down YoY
German FinTech VC 2020 was down yoy for the first time in the short history of the sector. 2020 investments totalled €1.40bn and were down 20% yoy.
January 2021 Was Already Strong on Any Measure
However, the sector had already a spectacular start to 2021, which we highlighted HERE.
German FinTech VC 2021 Continues Its Hooray
Now, we have reviewed German FinTech investment figures for H1 2021 using our proprietary Barkow Consulting FinTech Money Map database:
- 80 Deals, 2nd Best H1 ever
- 6 Very Large Deals With at Least €50m
- The Two Largest Ever FinTech Deals in Q2
- FinTech Investment Volume of €2.1bn
- Making 2021 a Record Year Already