German Listed Real Estate – Growth Engine for Europe
Peter Barkow – For Free Updates on RE sign up >> HERE
We have just published a joint research with the German Property Federation (ZIA) looking at developments of the listed German property sector.
Our main findings, which we presented at this year’s EPRA conference in Berlin, include:
– Market capitalisation of German sector reaches EUR48bn (+ 73% yoy), temporarily exceeding EUR50bn mark
– Record year of equity issuance already (EUR5.3bn YTD)
– Germany with 56% share of European equity issuance
– Germany now second largest country in Europe after UK
– Free float of Top 18 companies increases to EUR35 bn
– Largest German company Vonovia to enter main index DAX30 –
– Five German companies > EUR2bn market cap.
– Gross property value of listed sector increases to EUR78bn (+ EUR11.5 bn and 17% yoy)
– German sector dominated by residential assets (77%)
– Future growth depending on commercial sector
The complete research can be downloaded using the link below: